So after 4 days of playing with django I decide it’s time to deploy this nice website you are seeing. I check my server and see that I need to install Django and python-markdown, after a couple of
python setup.py install I think I’m done, but not quite.
All my entries with unicode values go into oblivion. I follow the session and get a UnicodeDecodeError. The markdown.py version in my laptop is 1.3 and in the server I installed 1.7 with fantabulous unicode support.
I don’t know if the error is in python-markdown or in the way it is called by django.contrib.markup, the quick fix has been using markdown.py 1.3 in the server and now that I can read my entries go hunt the bug.